We are committed to providing accessible content to all users of our website, including those who have motor, cognitive and sensory disabilities.
Therefore, we have developed a guide to assist users with disabilities in having the best possible browsing experience on the Petrobras site.
Scope of this statement
This statement covers the pages of the petrobras.com.br website.
The Petrobras site has the following facilitating features:
Current points of attention.
- Usage, when so defined, of relative units in text values;
- Provision, where appropriate, of alternate texts for images that appear on the pages.
- Contrasting background and foreground, allowing for comfortable content reading;
- A style of presentation that is consistent throughout the different pages;
- Programming aimed to create visual effects, to call attention to a given type of content and which could cause understanding issues was avoided.
- Ability to read the pages without using style sheets;
- Use of relevant titles in the frames;
- Implementation of alternative solutions to certain features, such as applications and interpretable programs (Flash, Ajax, Videos, etc.) which may not be available under certain use situations;
- Markup of lists and listing bullets in ordered lists;
- We avoided using tables for layout and markups for visual formatting purposes;
- Association of labels with the respective form controls and care with their proper positioning.
Browsing was designed in such a manner as to attain a simple flow, either via the mouse or the keyboard. To this end, several tests and studies were performed to make sure there would be no interference with user actions and in understanding.
- We avoided using pages that update automatically;
- We avoided using markups to redirect to other pages automatically;
- We provided a feature to skip browsing options and go straight to the content.
After entering a page that has alternative content on it, the user will browse all pages in the "Accessible Mode," and does not need to choose this option for each Graphic or Multimedia presentation.
If you would like to return to the original content, simply click the "back to the original version" link, which is available on such pages.
If this feature does not work, make sure your browser is enabled for cookies. If in doubt, check your browser's help.
Whenever possible, videos on the portal are subtitled. To enable the subtitles, simply click on this option in the video player.