Back to navigation bar
information we gather from the users of the www.petrobras.com Portal, a service offered by
Petróleo Brasileiro S.A., hereinafter Petrobras.
while they are on the Petrobras Internet Portal or which may come to be part of the company's electronic databases.
The Portal may grant access to links to other external sites, the content and privacy policies of which are not the
responsibility of Petrobras. As such, we recommend that when users are redirected to external sites, they should
always check their respective privacy policies before providing their data or information.
that it be read periodically.
Should Petrobras at any moment make any substantial change to the way that it uses personal information gathered, it
will communicate the new conditions of privacy: a) to the public at large, by means of a special announcement in our
main page; b) to registered users by means of electronic communication.
For the purpose of this Policy, the following considerations should be observed:
- Petrobras gathers personal information that can identify users when they:
- a) register at our website;
- b) participate in our promotions or contests;
- c) contact us through the user service channels.
- Different information can be requested for each of the data-gathering modes according to
the purpose of the collection. As such, users will always be informed of the data collected and can decide whether
or not to provide them. In each case, they will be also be notified about the consequences of their decision.
- Petrobras also receives and automatically stores, by means of cookies, information in
their providers concerning the activities originating in the navigator, including the IP address and page accessed.
Our visitors' privacy
- The entry of users' personal data in the Petrobras Portal and the acceptance
of browsing cookies are optional and do not constitute a requisite to browse the Portal. Users who provide
their personal data state they are aware of and accept the terms of this Policy.
On the User
- All information gathered about users travel safely over the Internet by means of the
use of an encryption process.
- We shall make every effort to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the
information entrusted to us.
- Petrobras pledges to protect the on-line privacy of children. In the event personal
information is intentionally gathered about children aged less than 13 years, a specific form will be made
available so that the responsible parties can authorize the minor's registration in the database. The use
of this personal information will be solely for educational purposes and in environments that are appropriate
for this, such as the "Knowledge Space".
- All the personal data gathered will be added to the Petrobras database, under the
responsibility of Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras, headquartered at Av. Chile 65, Rio de Janeiro, RJ.
- Petrobras uses the information it gathers for the following general purposes: (i) to optimize
the use and interactive experience of the users' browsing in the Portal; (ii) to prepare general statistics and alert
users when they are identified; (iii) to answer the questions and make request to the users; (iv) to hold communication
and relationships marketing campaigns; (v) to inform users about the company, its products, services and promotions.
- Access to the information that is gathered is restricted to the personnel authorized for this purpose.
the penalties provided for in our disciplinary process, without any prejudice to all other applicable legal measures.
- Unless we have a legal or judicial decision, users' information will never be transferred to third parties
or used for any purpose other than those for which they were gathered by Petrobras.
- Petrobras pledges to use the best protection systems available by Internet technology, for which reason it is not
responsible, either fraudulently or with intent, for damage as a result of its being accessed and/or used by third parties.
- The user guarantees the truthfulness and accuracy of the personal data that he or she provides in this Portal and
takes-on the corresponding responsibility if they are not exact. Petrobras accepts no responsibility whatsoever if the users
provides incorrect personal data to this Portal.
- A user who enters his or her personal data may at any time request that he or she be informed of its
contents and ask for corrections or any suppression he or she deems convenient, including total suppression. All he or she
must do is fill-in the rectification form.
If you have any question or suggestion, please e-mail us at email@example.com.